Thursday, April 5, 2007

Exciting News

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!! Little Worm is due apx Dec 7, 2007.

We found out this past Tuesday (April 3rd), and have been bursting with the news ever since. How did we find out? I knew you would ask!

It was the late afternoon, and I just got home from work. I'm not sure what prompted me to take a pregnancy test, but my period was a few days late, and I wasn't feeling quite right. I didn't think much of it, since Jason and I weren't officially "trying" yet, but I wanted to be sure one way or another.

So I took an at-home test, and sure enough, 2 pink lines appeared! I couldn't believe it, so I took another test. Yet again, there were those 2 pink lines. I was shocked for a minute, then I started bursting with happiness! The bad news? Jason wasn't home from work yet, so I was celebrating on my own.

Since Jason was on his way home, I thought I'd be creative and find a cute way of telling him he was going to be a Daddy. So I put the test in front of the computer screen (where he ALWAYS goes as soon as he gets home), and waited for him to walk in the door.

He came home, and instead of going into the computer room, he heads straight upstairs and parks himself in front of the tv! So I go upstairs after a few minutes, with the test in my hand, and sit with him for a few minutes. Finally I told him I have a surprise, and handed him the test. At first he looked at it and said, "oh, it looks like you're not pregnant". So I had to tell him to look AGAIN because it was positive! He just looked at me for a few seconds, then said, "you're pregnant??? we're going to have a baby???", and he got a huge smile on his face. We went out to dinner to celebrate, and the rest is history.

No comments: